Thanks are due to the many members, great speakers and others who made our Political Fall Forum on Oct. 13 such a great event. Before a packed room, state and national elected officials and health care policy experts discussed the major issues that will affect physicians, PAs and the health care industry in the coming legislative session and beyond.
In addition to the excellent presentations and panel discussions, the third annual George E. Miller Patient Safety Award was presented to Bob Dannenhoffer, MD, of Roseburg. Read more about the award here.
We’d also like to thank the sponsors, supporters and exhibitors without whom we could not have provided this quality program.
U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley Oregon Senator Elizabeth Steiner Hayward, MD
Secretary of State Candidate Tim Hibbitts, Principal Partner Reception
Knute Buehler, MD Davis, Hibbitts & Midghall Research
The Advocacy Guru Stephanie Vance State Legislative Leaders Panel
Keynote: Stephanie Vance, The Advocacy Guru
Stephanie Vance, author of Government by the People: How to Communicate with Congress; the fabjob.com guide; Get a Job on Capitol Hill; Citizens in Action: A Guide to Influencing Government; The Advocacy Manual; and The Influence Game, has more than 20 years of experience in Congressional affairs. She has worked in a prominent DC law firm, lobbied for National Public Radio and worked in various Congressional offices, holding positions as Legislative Director and Staff Director. Her work on Congressional communications stems from a deep and abiding belief that government isn’t broken. She currently travels the country presenting entertaining and informative speeches and workshops to help advocates learn how to work the system and beat the odds.
Other speakers include:
- Governor John Kitzhaber, MD
- U.S. Senatory Jeff Merkley
- U.S. Representative Suzanne Bonamici
- U.S. Representative Kurt Schrader
- Senate President Peter Courtney, Salem
- Co-Speaker of the House Bruce Hanna, Roseburg
- House Republican Leader Andy Olson, Albany
- House Democratic Leader Tina Kotek, Portland
- Co-Chair of the House Health Care Committee Mitch Greenlick, Portland
- Representative Tim Freeman, Roseburg
- Senator Elizabeth Steiner Hayward, MD, Portland/Beaverton
- Tim Hibbitts, Pollster, DHM Research
- Tom Gallagher, MD, Seattle, WA
- Alan Woodward, MD, Boston, MA
Oregon Chapter, ACP OPA